Sunday, January 24, 2010

Children's Hospital

I want to take the time to say that the people at Children's Hospital in Minneapolis are just wonderful. The nurses are always so kind and willing to answer questions. I know I ask the same questions over and over again and I am mispronouncing the names of medications and medical devices but they are very patient and take the time to let me know what's going on.

My little guy hates a dirty diaper. The last few times I've visited him he has cried bloody murder any time he has a poopy diaper. Even if his diaper is wet he starts to fuss. Kangaroo care is going very well. This is when your baby lies on you skin to skin. It really gives you a wonderful sense of closeness to your baby. I can feel Jacob's hand on me and his little heart beat against mine. It really is the highlight of my day when I get to hold my little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment