Friday, January 1, 2010

Baby Jacob is Here!!

He decided to come 15 weeks early. Jacob Anh Nguyen was born on Dec. 30th, 2009 at 7:17 am. He's 33 centimeters and 1 pound 12 ounces. And yes we had a last minute name change.

Jacob decided he wanted to join us early and celebrate the New Year. He's tiny with long fingers and long toes. He's just perfect just mini. He's very active kicking and stretching, now I know what he was doing inside my belly.

I can already tell I'm in trouble, he didn't listen to me when I told him he needed to stay in my tummy a few more months he decided he was ready to come out and nothing was going to stop him. He's doing very well, they are planning on taking him off breathing devices and it seems like he's breathing well on his own with just a couple of spells of apnea. He's sitting on a tanning bed with his cool shades due to some jaundice but we were told that was very common with premature babies.

I can tell Jacob will be loved by everyone. We had so many visitors the first day. Both grandmas rushed to the hospital the moment they heard he was coming - but he came so quickly that he was already out by the time they got there. He had many visitors that day uncles and aunts and cousins, friends. My room smells like spring thanks to all of the flowers. Jacob has received so many presents from his aunties and uncles.

We have lots of videos and pictures of him. We'll post them soon.

Thanks everyone for all of your kind words. I'll keep you updated on his progress and when he gets to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment