Jacob is now two weeks old and up 3 ounces!! That's my big boy. He's doing well, starting to gain weight and getting fed every hour. He's still on a ventilator but hopefully they will take him off of it in the next few days.
I think he knows when Mike and I are there and when we are about to leave. It might just be me bothering him. When we get there and say hello Jacob will open up his eyes and look around, we are probably just big blobs to him right now but that's okay. I've been able to help with his cares. When I'm there I get to help change his little diaper, comb his hair and take his temperature. He hates the thermometer, I don't know why but he tries to squirm away from it every time. He's still so tiny, when I lift him up for the nurse to change his blanket it's like lifting air. I can't wait until I can actually take him out of the incubator and hold him.
Jacob is starting to look more and more like Mike every day. He has Mike's eyebrows, his toes, his calves and his hairline. We think he has my mannerisms though. He's always moving his toes and hands even when he sleeps, I do the same thing. It's so funny how your child can take on your characteristics that early on.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment