My baby boy is 3 weeks old today. We had a great week. I got to kangaroo hold him this week which is skin on skin contact. He is just the sweetest thing in the whole world. The minute the nurses put him in my arms he falls fast asleep. Mike got to hold Jacob for the first time this last week also. Hopefully he'll be able to do the kangaroo hold, it's such a special bond that you feel when you get to hold your baby against your skin.
He's getting so big too, well big for where he was at. Mike's mom visited him on Monday, it had been a week since she saw him last and she was amazed by how much he had fill out. He is now 2 pounds 6 ounces and 14 inches long. He's grown three centimeters and has put on 10 ounces since he was born. He's also eating more and will hopefully get the IV, which provides additional fat and nutrients, taken out in the next few days.
Jacob is still having bouts of apnea, they had to put him back on the nasal C-PAP today. It seems like he may have lost a couple of grams because he had to burn extra calories breathing. The doctor said that he may go back and forth on the C-PAP and the oxygen tube for a few more weeks.
On a side note, I have been suffering terrible tooth aches. I went to the dentist yesterday and he informed me I have an infection in the same tooth I had a root canal performed on a few years ago and I need a 2nd root canal done. Seriously? Urghh.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment