Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2 months old


Baby has a new home with the top up!


Happy two month birthday Jacob!! Jacob hit the 4 pound mark yesterday and is now almost 16 inches long. I can't believe it's been two months already. It's amazing how much a baby grows and develops over two months. He smiles when he's soiling his diaper and will let you know with a little cry or frown that he's done and wants his diaper changed. He's wide eyed and inquisitive about the world around him and has the most expressive face. I love him more and more everyday.

Mike and I saw a family lose their child last week. It just broke my heart. I wanted to hold Jacob and never let him go. Although Jacob is still having apnea and needs the nurses to intervene once in awhile, there was never a doubt (according to his primary nurse) that Jacob wouldn't make it. When your child is doing well you forget that other families aren't as fortunate. You learn to cherish every little smile and every little frown.

No comments:

Post a Comment