Tuesday, October 5, 2010

9 months old

Jacob is now 9 months old.  I can't believe how fast time flies.  I look back at pictures of him in the hospital and can't believe he was so small.  He is now 15 lbs 10 oz and 25.9 inches long. We finally made it onto the growth chart!! Albeit we are in the 10% bracket, we finally made.

Mr. Jacob has proven to be a costly baby.  I am not just talking about his hospital stay but now even his eating habits.  I am convinced that he is allergic to Gerber baby food.  Every time I've fed it to him regardless of what kind of food he breaks out in a rash.  Gerber has a monopoly on the baby food items.  Target only carries one other brand and it's pretty pathetic the shelf space it gets compared to Gerber.  So we are now eating organic baby food and so far so good.  I won't be surprised if when Jacob gets older he'll tell me he will only eat grass fed beef and locally grown fruits and veggies.  My little man the diva.

Since I've been back to work Jacob has also made so much progress and is really a little man.  He can sit by himself for a few minutes and can catch himself if he starts to fall over.  We still have to watch him because he's taken a couple of head dives into the hardwood floors, but that's to be expected.  Jacob also really wants to crawl but can't quite coordinate the lifting of the butt and the lifting of the head.  If his butt goes up his head goes down, or he's still trying to suck on his hand while trying to push himself forward.  I'm half expecting to come home from work and finding him running around in circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment