Friday, May 7, 2010

On Our Own

Jacob and I were on our own this week. Mike went back to work so Jacob and I had a lot of quality time together. Mike and I have figured out our nightly feeding routine, Jacob usually goes to bed around 11 or midnight so we feed him go to bed, I wake up around 3am to feed him again and then Mike feeds him around 6 before he gets ready for work. Jacob will wake up again around 9 for another feeding at that point I eat breakfast, do some dishes, read some emails, etc. Jacob will wake up around 11 or noon. At that point Jacob is up for a couple of hours so we play and work on his development. I usually take him off his monitor at this point. He wears a foam belt around his chest and electronic leads are attached to it which are placed under his armpits. The leads chaff his skin, that's why I take it off so that it doesn't rub against his body for too long.I try to keep him off the monitor about 4 hours a day, but once he falls asleep I put the belt on again. At some point I try to squeeze in lunch and pumping then Mike gets home. With Jacob's apnea monitor and oxygen it's pretty difficult to even move around the house with him. Once I'm sure he's up I move all of his stuff from the bedroom to the living room and we pretty much camp out there the rest of the day. Jacob hasn't actually seen half of our house, I won't even bother trying to go down to the basement with him.

I remember when I babysat my nieces and nephews being so squeamish when it came to puke and could not stand the smell of dirty diapers. Now, I get thrown up on daily basis and Jacob poops more than any kid I know. It's amazing how when it's your kid you just don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment