Great news. Jacob had an appointment with the respiratory doctor this morning and we were given the okay to take Jacob off the apnea monitor. AT first the doctor said that he'd stay on the monitor for another 2 weeks and the doctor would reevaluate him. Jacob has had three "spells" since coming home, one was after an eye appointment, one I could not explain and the last one which occur ed on May 1 was due to the fact that I didn't secure him in his danny sling tightly enough and he started to slide down and the sling was covering his mouth. I asked him what they were looking for in order to take him off. The doctor then asked me if I wanted Jacob off the apnea monitor and I said of course and he said okay then let's take it off, he said my story makes sense. Well that seemed a little to easy, which makes me a little worried, but he's off the monitor. I am currently staring at Jacob and listening to his every breath.
Of the piece of equipment we thought Jacob was coming off today it was not the apnea monitor, we thought the doctor would tell us Jacob no longer needed to be on oxygen. We were able to turn down his flow from 1/8 of a liter to 1/16 of a liter. We will set up an appointment with his equipment company in 7-10 days for a night study where they will measure his oxygen saturations while he's sleeping to make sure he is getting enough oxygen. If all looks good the doctor said we will be able to take him off the oxygen in two weeks, just in time for Memorial day weekend.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just in time for his auntie to see him machine free!
ReplyDelete