The last couple of weeks has been quite eventful in the Nguyen house. Jacob has mastered crawling and has been trying to pull himself up on things. Yesterday, I put him in his crib while I was putting away laundry and nearly fell over when I looked over at him and saw him standing in his crib!! I was in shock at first and didn't know what to do so I picked him up and then thought well maybe I should let him stand so I put him back in to see if he'd do it again and of course he did not.
We are also experimenting with various foods. He ate his first real banana this weekend, rice and even had some birthday cake. I was on such a roll that I bought and gave him some yogurt treats, well that all came back out. The smell was just terrible! Mike and both agreed that it smelled like a mixed drink a 20 something girl would drink. We will be staying away from that for a while.
The next couple of weeks are jammed packed with events. His very first Christmas, his BIRTHDAY!! party and our first New Years home as a family. Last year we celebrated New Years in the NICU with Jacob in his isolette and Mike and I touching his little hand. I can't believe it's almost been a year. Before I know it he'll be borrowing the car and telling me he's found the love of his life.
Monday, December 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment