After 8 months off, I'm back at work. It was very strange walking back into the building and sitting down at my desk for the first time. So far so good. It's nice being around adults again. I dreaded it for weeks before my return, I think that made it easier because there was no way it was going to be as bad as I thought it was.
But now I feel like the new girl again and having to catch up on issues that I was finally getting a handle on. The next month or so will basically be me reading up on issues and meeting with people to reacquaint myself with what's going on.
Jacob doesn't even seem to care that I'm gone. The first day back at work, Mike's mom watched Jacob and when I got home he could care less about me. He was loving grandma too much. Now my dad is watching him and they seem to be having fun. Again I came home yesterday and I got a smile out of him but there was no real desire for him to leave my dad.
During the last month of leave I don't think there was any kid friendly activity Jacob and I didn't do. We went to story times, museums, the lakes, parks, you name it we hit it. My poor baby was probably like can't we just stay home one day? I wanted to squeeze in as much quality time as I could. Plus we were basically stuck in the house for the first two months he was home so I had to make up for all that time.
Back to the grind.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment