Jacob is starting to roll over, the first time he rolled over you would have thought someone was torturing him by the way he was grunting and crying. It still takes some effort but he can roll over more easily and I've almost missed some of his rolls because he doesn't grunt anymore to alert me. Poor Mike missed the first few times because he was at work. The one time Jacob did do it while Mike was at home the coffee table blocked his view. Fortunately, Mike finally witnessed it yesterday while Jacob's occupational therapist was working with him. He actually witnessed Jacob roll from his tummy to his back, which was the first time he did that. I am not looking forward to going back to work because I know i'm going to miss out on the first time he stands and walks. I've been able to witness every first.
Jacob is also quite a talker. He loves laying around and talking to me. I participated in a couple of meeting for work via conference call this week and I think Jacob thought people were talking to him because he just laid there wondering where the voices were coming from and trying to respond to them.
Mike and I have also gotten a little more brave taking Jacob out to places. We took a trip to the Como Zoo, knowing it was going to hot we decided to get there right when the zoo opened up at 10 am, but by 11 it was 90 degrees and we abandoned the zoo for a nice ac mall - Rosedale. That was his first time to a mall as well. We celebrated our anniversary with a picnic at Lake Calhoun and a walk around the lake and today we are going to take Jacob to the Sculpture Garden. I want to make the most of the rest of our summer before I have to go back to work. Now if the weather would only cooperate, 90 degree days or storms or both every other day makes it difficult for me to take my fragile little man places.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment