Wednesday, June 30, 2010

6 Months Old!

Jacob turns 6 months old today! I cannot believe how fast the time flies. Our last pediatrician visit on June 18th, Jacob weighed in at 11 lbs 10 oz and 22.5 inches long. He's still only in the 20 percentile in his age group but his growth curve just keeps going up which is wonderful.

This last month has been great. We are very much enjoying the freedom to move around without wires and tubes. When it's nice outside we take walks to the park near our house and on most nights there is some kind of kiddie sport being played. Mike and I love talking about how in a couple of years Jacob will be big enough to play t-ball, or go down the slide or swing on the swings. Daddy took Jacob down the slide a couple of times but Jacob wasn't too impressed with it. I finally found the courage to take Jacob places on my own in the car. I bought a mirror so I can see him when I'm driving and keep the radio off so I can hear him breath, so far so good.

We also celebrated Mike's first Fathers Day and Jacob's baptism on the same day. Surprise surprise Jacob slept through the entire baptism. He didn't even wake up when they poured they holy water on his head. Jacob did get hot during the ceremony and started to fuss, leave it to grandma to run up and start fanning him. We tried to pose for pictures after the ceremony, but grandma kept taking off his clothes to cool him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment