Dylan is making so much progress so quickly. He's already been taken off his lipids and the IV has been removed. He's up to 22 mls a feeding and they up it one ml each shift. This may not seem like a lot but it took Jacob months to make any kind of progress. It seems like Dylan either gets something removed or is becoming less dependent on things everyday.We went to visit him today with Mike's mom and he really put on a show for grandma. He was fully awake for a good 15 minutes and exploring the world. He even smiled a couple of times for grandma. By the time I got him into my arms he had exhausted himself. Dylan is still not back to his birth weight but with the milk he's getting he should be back to his birth weight in no time.
My other little man, or shall I say big boy seems to making a ton of progress himself. I think we've kicked the bottle!! Jacob went 2 days without a bottle, and I gave my parents strict instructions not to cave, they lasted until 4am when he woke up and grandma believing him to be hungry gave him a bottle. But grandpa told me that we didn't get a bottle during the day. We'll see how tonight goes. Jacob is also picking up new words everyday. We are seeing a lot less crying and tantrums now that he can tell us what he wants.

No comments:
Post a Comment